There’s a place for every child in one of our schools
Our Vision: Life changing opportunities through education for every student.
NST’s vision is to establish world class, secondary and specialist schools that are centres of excellence for personal development, leadership, teaching and learning. The focus of the Trust is on providing exceptional, life changing opportunities for students from a wide range of social and economic backgrounds, many of whom have experienced exceptional levels of economic and social deprivation.
Key elements of our vision – we will:
- Transform opportunities and change life chances of young people.
- Deliver a target of No NEETs.
- Work in partnership with learners, their families, communities and businesses to broker aspirations, foster great expectation and achieve ambitious goals.
- Establish world class schools that are centres of excellence for personal development, leadership, teaching and learning.
The NST will achieve its vision through focusing on four strategic objectives that will be reviewed and measured annually:
Objective 1: Build a strong infrastructure
Objective 2: Raise attainment and improve progress
Objective 3: Deliver life changing opportunities that lead to no NEETs
Objective 4: Ensure strong leadership and governance
The Trust Board will hold the Northern Schools Trust CEO accountable for high standards against clear benchmarks and performance measures to:
- Ensure all young people are educated in a safe environment where their well-being and personal development are of the highest regard.
- Secure progress and attainment at a pace in all key benchmarks.
- Ensure solvency and probity.
- Ensure compliance with statutory regulations.
The NST Trust Board will review progress against these four strategic objectives annually. Any changes emanating will be reflected in the development, financial and marketing plans.