How does school governance work at the Northern Schools Trust?
Our governing bodies work together to drive the vision and ethos of our schools, monitor educational and financial plans, and to provide support to the school in a way that is tailored to their priorities. Each governing body normally consists of 8-12 governors creating a balanced group with the right experiences, skills and connections to support the school in achieving exceptional performance.
The Board will:
- Develop and communicate a clear strategy.
- Deliver the strategy at all levels of the organisation.
- Set aspirational targets and review performance.
- Take risks and innovate where necessary.
- Work collaboratively with staff, stakeholders and the
whole school community.
- Be reflective of its own performance and identify
areas for improvement.
- Be accountable for the performance of the schools
within the Trust.
Our approach to Governance
We take governance very seriously and always look to discharge our duties in a highly professional manner, as described by our Articles of Association.
The Trust consists of a main board and an audit committee.
The Board will meet at least four times per year. The first meeting of the Board will set the broad policy framework for the Trust. Thereafter, all meetings will consider standing items on the performance of academies and finance. It will take reports from the Principals and Governors Fora.
Meeting Dates for 2021/22
Tuesday 12th October 2021
Tuesday 7th December 2021
Tuesday 8th February 2022
Tuesday 5th April 2022
Tuesday 17th May 2022
Tuesday 12th July 2022
The clerk to the Board is Emily Huxley. She can be contacted at [email protected]
The reporting cycle will cover:
- School improvement.
- SEN and inclusion.
- The Annual Report.
- Additional detailed consideration of Board business will be dealt with at sub-committee level and reported on in accordance with the above annual reporting cycle.